GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Due to its many environmental benefits, our artificial turf is naturally a green product. Find out more about how the benefits surpass natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water every year
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is estimated to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water daily.
In particular regions, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Charlotte resident's water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is used to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot project, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons per year, or as much as $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential lawn products are warrantied for 15 years, so throughout the life of the lawn, our customers save around $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential spaces in Charlotte is $0.20 square foot annually. For a 1,000 square foot backyard, that equates to savings of $200 every year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA forecasts that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were collected each year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The normal resident spends 150 hours per year caring for the lawn. Synthetic grass eliminates that requirement.